Dr. Merrill has lived and worked in the Medford, OR area since 1999. Previous to this, he had a Podiatric Practice in Pullman, Washington for 7 years.
Dr. Merrill attended Montgomery College in Rockville, MD studying Architecture. He then moved on to study at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah finishing his undergraduate work in Microbiology. He attended the California College of Podiatric Medicine (CCPM) and obtained his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) degree in 1990. He completed his 2-year Medical and Surgical Residency through CCPM working in the San Francisco, CA and Phoenix, AZ areas. He is certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons. He is also a Founding Fellow of the Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing.
Running has been a great help in Dr. Merrill’s personal life and practice. In addition to staying in good health he has more empathy for runners and their specific injuries and foot/ankle problems, as he has been afflicted with some of the same foot issues that he treats. He plans on one-day completing a 100-mile endurance ultramarathon.
Dr. Merrill has been married since 1984. At present he has 3 married children and 5 grandchildren. His passions are running, fly fishing and playing with his most awesome grandchildren.
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, California College of Podiatric Medicine
- Podiatric Medical Residency (PMR), California College of Podiatric Medicine
- Podiatric Surgical Residency (PSR), California College of Podiatric Medicine
- Diplomate of the American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery
Hospital/Surgical Center Affiliations
- Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center
- Providence Medford Medical Center
- Surgery Center of Southern Oregon
- Asante Ashland Community Hospital
- Asante Ashland Community Hospital Center for Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine - former staff member
- Oregon Podiatric Medical Association
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Fellow, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- Founding Fellow, Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing
- Endoscopic Plantar Fasciotomy (EPF)
- Endoscopic Decompresson of Intermetatarsal Neuroma (EDIN)
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
- Running - read more at: Dr. Merrill on-the-run
- Fly Fishing