Looking for the perfect gift for your significant other this Valentine’s Day? This year skip the chocolates and go for a foot massage. Even better, chocolates and a foot massage! Not only do foot massages feel good, they also provide many health benefits for the feet and the rest of your body.
1. They can help with plantar fasciitis: If you suffer from plantar fasciitis or arch pain a foot massage might be just what you need. Massaging the bottom of the heel and arch area can help loosen the fascia tissue and can bring immediate relief from pain.
2. Reduce Edema: Edema is swelling and build up of fluid in certain areas of the body. One area that it is often found is in the foot and ankle, especially in pregnant women. Elevating the feet and getting a good foot massage can help reduce swelling if you suffer from edema.
3. Can help with headaches: If you suffer from tension headaches, a neck massage is usually a great help, but did you know studies have shown that foot massages can actually help relieve pressure correlated with headaches and migraines.
4. Improves circulation: Getting the blood flowing can sometimes be as simple as a short foot massage. This is really important if you suffer from diabetes which can cause a lot of problems with circulation in your feet and legs.
5. Helps prevent foot and ankle injuries: Tight muscles of the foot and ankle can put you at higher risk for ankle sprains and injuries. Massage along with regular stretching of the foot and ankle muscles can help loosen them and reduce the risk of injury.
Foot massages are great to get on a regular basis to help with sore, tired feet, and now you have 5 perfect reasons to give one to your loved one. Remember, you don’t have to suffer from foot pain any longer. Come see Dr. Evan Merrill at Southern Oregon Foot and Ankle, LLC today. Make an appointment by calling 541-776-3338 or by filling out our online form.