Fall is here, which means there are soccer and football games to watch (and play). If you are looking for a good, healthy snack while you sit on the sidelines or for after the big game look no further. This granola is not only healthy, but delicious. It does not disappoint.
Peanut Butter Granola
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup honey or pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1 cup chopped, toasted nuts (almonds, peanuts, etc)
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (also optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease the parchment with nonstick cooking spray.
3. in a bowl (for the microwave) or in a saucepan (for the stove), combine the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, coconut oil and salt. Melt over low heat until the ingredients are smooth and well-combined.
4. In a large bowl, toss together the nuts and oats.
5. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until evenly coated - the overall granola mixture won't be overly wet once combined so don't fret.
6. Spread the granola into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing once or twice during the baking time.
8. Let the granola cool on the baking sheet (it will get crispier as it cools). If desired, stir the mini chocolate chips into the granola after it has cooled completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
*Recipe source melskitchencafe.com
Now while you snack on your yummy granola go check out Dr. Evan Merrill and his office at Southern Oregon Foot & Ankle LLC. If you have any foot concerns make sure to make an appointment online or call 541-776-3338.