Do the holidays make you feel anxious and stressed? Many of us feel that stress, and wonder if it is possible to actually enjoy the holiday season. It is possible, and is actually a lot healthier to be stress free during the holidays. We have rounded up a few tips to help you stay relaxed and enjoy everything you love about the holiday season.
1. Get Your Shopping Done Early: This may seem like a no brainer, but it is usually easier said than done. Instead of trying to buy everything at once, buy things throughout the year so that when the Christmas season is here, you only are left with a few things to buy.
2. Wrap Presents Throughout The Season: Instead of leaving your wrapping all until Christmas Eve or a few days before Christmas, work on wrapping a couple presents a night while watching your favorite movie. This way when the Christmas count down is only a couple weeks away you will already have most of your wrapping done.
3. Cross Things Off Your To Do List: Look at the things on your to do list and ask yourself what really needs to be done before Christmas. If it is not essential, cross it off and worry about it after the holidays.
4. Stay Home With Your Family: Sure, there are countless Christmas activities all season long, but sometimes too much of a good thing is just that, too much. Many of the best memories and traditions are the ones that are made in your own home. Play a game together, or have a Christmas movie night. These things are free and won’t cause you any additional stress when you have already been spending money all season long on gifts.
5. Exercise and Rest: Even if you don’t think you have time for exercise during the holidays, you always can make time. Exercise will help take your mind off of stressful things and help you recharge. Exercise also gives you more energy to help you get through all your Holiday parties. Also, make sure you are getting enough sleep at night. Never underestimate the power of going to bed early and getting a full nights rest.
The holidays don’t have to be stressful, especially if that stress is at the expense of your health. At Southern Oregon Foot & Ankle, LLC we want to help you stay stress free and get you back on your feet so you can enjoy the holiday’s with those you love. If you need to make an appointment with Dr. Evan Merrill call our office today at 541-776-3338 or by filling out our online form.